August 20, 2009

It's Finally Here




After many delays and false release dates the new Yeshiva Boys Choir album, Shemoy Shel Melech, is now available for purchase. I was just listening to some clips on Mostlymusic and it sounds okay but you can't tell everything from just 30 second previews. I have to say that although I was not at the Big Event Concert I just bought the DVD (a great buy! Review coming soon) and I was very impressed with the "Pirchei Boys Choir" which from what I understand was just YBC singing the songs of the old Pirchei Choir and R' Eli Teitelbaum. The harmonies and solos were gorgeous with none of the shrieking that I have sometimes come to associate with YBC. They we're, to put it simply, phenomenal. I would hope that Eli Gerstner was able to recreate that same smoothness into this album. Anyways, when the CD becomes available in my local store I will try to pick up a copy and give it a good listen. I'd be interested to hear what you also thought of the album, and stay tuned for more Jewish music news and reviews here at the Jewish Book World.

No comments:

Post a Comment