October 22, 2009

Hamodia Interviews Avner Gold

Last weeks issue of Hamodia (10/14) has an interesting interview by Shloimy Blau with best selling author Rabbi Yaakov Yosef Reinman, also known by his pen name, Avner Gold. I must admit that I've never read any of his books but their popularity has not gone unnoticed. His most recent books, part of the Strasbourg Saga, are available from Artscroll. Here is a short excerpt from the article:

How would you recap the accomplishments of your writing career?

First and foremost, I value immensely the sefarim I have been fortunate to write, both those already published and those as yet unpublished. They are my main legacy for the future.
As far as my novels are concerned, it has been said that there is more truth in fiction than in non-fiction. My fictional material can portray characters in a manner that ordinary people can fully appreciate, showing both their virtues and their flaws. This allows people to derive great practical inspiration from their challenges, struggles and triumphs.
I am continually humbled by the outpouring of positive feedback that comes my way. I include my e-mail address in my books, and I respond, often at length, to all correspondence. I write with my readers in mind, and my relationship with them is important to me. Hearing how some of my books have inspired people- and even returned some secular Yidden to the path of authentic Yiddishkeit- has made my seemingly endless hours of exhausting labor all the more worthwhile and enjoyable.


No comments:

Post a Comment