November 13, 2009

Ashreinu That We Are Jews!


Tonight I had the zechus to attend the beautiful Hachnosos Sefer Torah that was held in front of 770 Eastern Parkway, in memory and in honor of Rabbi Gavriel and Rivka Holtzberg H"YD. I say zechus because when I left Crown Heights to go back home I felt as if I had witnessed true simcha and achdus, the greatest sight in the world, and to me that is a zechus. It was a zechus to have the opportunity to share in that moment of achdus as well as to be mesameach in a brand new Sefer Torah that will join the new Chabad house in Mumbai, solidifying a determination to never give up, to continue persevering b'derech HaTorah. To see thousands of Shluchim, along with children, teenagers, families and Jews of many stripes, dancing together with such a great energy, that is something that one does not easily forget. Ashreinu that we are Jews!

No comments:

Post a Comment